Sunday, November 1, 2015

September 2015

Sister bath time.



Quincy's first day at Pelican Athletic Club Pre-School.  She is only going once a week and at first I felt kindof guilty, but when I picked her up and she was having so much fun I realized it's just as much for her as it is for me.




She wasn't ready to leave.
Ashlyn and Ellia have been so creative with the lego's. I'm more the type to follow the directions to the T and not think out of the box (and Ellia likes to follow them more than Ashlyn.) Ashlyn on the other hand, makes things I cannot believe. Top right, a shower complete with water grate drainage.

Dinner of fresh fruits just inside the greenhouse.


 
To help the girls get to know some of the new people they would be around, we threw a Back to School Pool party. They each invited a few friends from their new soccer teams and a few friends from their new classes.  It was a really nice chance for us to meet some of the other parents too! Plus I got to try some Pinterest treats....nothing too stressful or time consuming.  Actually, when I was recruiting help from the girls on the Twinkie pencils I kept telling them, "unwrap the Twinkies," and they kept responding, "what?"  It took me saying it like three times before Jeremy pointed out that they didn't know what Twinkies were!
 


Needed a new place for all those sunglasses we've collected this summer.
A favorite of ours after a long, hot, summer day. Family movie night, complete with Twizzlers, Whoppers and popcorn.
 Ashlyn playing basketball at the church while Ellia has activity days.
Wearing Ellia's shoes.

Time for another big run!  Jeremy  did the Saints Back to Football run and the girls did the 5k this year.  I was a little worried because I knew Ashlyn would want to go at her own pace and there were so many people there. I didn't want her to get lost on the football field when she finished and I certainly couldn't keep up with her!  Jeremy stayed with Ellia and we gave Ashlyn some finish line protocol and sure enough she ran ahead and finished alone!



Chevron had a fantastic brunch afterward that me and the girls especially loved! Some of the best grits ever!




Ellia did great and ran the whole time!
I think the Gatorade's at the end alone would have been rewarding enough for these yahoo's!













 








 
 
One of Ellia's soccer games. When kids turn 8 here they have the option to play in another more competitive league than recreational.  That leaves rec soccer with less kids, so Ellia is actually playing with 8, 9 and 10 years old girls and doing great!

 Ashlyn entertaining herself by making ant houses.
I decided to up the ante for my birthday party this year and throw a Halloween style bash.  To set the tone I figured I better have a great invitation!

Ashlyn is really eating up all that she is learning in Kindergarten.  I think they have learned about 4-6 site words but she is going crazy learning more.  She wanted to make sentences and take a picture for her teacher.
The weather drops down a few degrees and these silly girls think it's winter. 


A little weekend adventure at Bogue Chitto state park (pronounced by locals bowgachitta).  It seems like whenever we go into the great outdoors we see tons of these huge spiders in great big sprawling webs.  They build them right across the trails but fortunately the lower ones probably get knocked down before we ever come along.  It's a bit creepy to look just above you and see how many there are, and I especially get nervous when Jeremy carries Quincy on his shoulders! They are called Banana Spiders.
Watching all the little fishes swim by...and trying to catch one.



Success!  I even had a little baggie in the diaper bag for them to hold it in. They desperately wanted to bring it in the car but I refused. By the time they let it go I think it was pretty much dead - and it had one less eye.








 
Shoe shopping with mom and she picks out the spike heel, cheetah print shoes. Nice.

 
On about the hottest Saturday recorded for an LSU game, Jeremy took Ellia.  I, on the other hand, spent the afternoon at an indoor gymnastics birthday party. Ashlyn went to school here so she feels right at home. Quincy was so excited to be down on the floor since she has watched both her sisters doing gymnastics here.  Ashlyn was such a good big sister, showing Quincy the ropes. That is, until it was time to race against her....then she kindof left her in the dust.



I would have been such a poor sport in that heat, but Jeremy said Ellia did great. He even splurged on treats and drinks to make it more bearable.



Mike the Tiger wasn't having the heat.

My birthday cake using me new cake skills.  Teresa and I took the second Wilton cake decorating course and learned all about royal icing.  I used it to make the spider legs and the spider webs.  Kindof a fun new technique I doubt I would have ever tried.

She put on this big baby flower headband and looked just like a little flapper girl, only she wouldn't hold still long enough for me to take a good picture.
Trophies I made for my upcoming birthday party with dollar store supplies.  I didn't know how I'd mount the skeletons but then I found some orange strobe lights and painted them black...wala.
Ashlyn going for a run on the trace with dad.  She loves these animal print knee highs.


I made a circle skirt for Ellia to be Ms. Frizzle at her school storybook character day and Ashlyn followed suit with paper.  I am amazed how observant she is and the things she makes with paper and tape and staples.
Make your own pizza night.

Quincy in dance class. They got to go on the stage and she was so excited.

No comments: