Sunday, November 1, 2015

August 2015

Ashlyn was very particular about her sheets and their cleanliness.  One night I laid down beside her to read stories and she threw a tantrum because now they were dirty. Grandma Carol decided to try to appease her with some Febreeze and the next thing we knew everything Ashlyn was about to touch  (including a brand new wrapped in plastic swimsuit) was soaked with Febreeze and she had gone through the whole bottle. Some nights she chose just to sleep with a blanket. Others she would make the bed perfectly straight and sleep on top.  We just never knew what it would be.


It's always a sad day when it's time to leave family, but we had some fun things planned for our trip home.  Our first stop was Dinosaur National Monument. We all really enjoyed it.











We went through Steamboat Springs on our way home and had some fun being tourists.  We visited a western shop that kept us all entertained for quite a while.  Trying out the life size horse, and picking out toys for Christmas lists inside. It brought back a lot of good memories from my last trip there with my family. It was just after Jeremy and I decided to get married and I couldn't stop thinking about him and how fun it would be to come back with him one day...now that day had come!





We also enjoyed the little bookstore I remembered visiting.  My family was there when Harry Potter 5 came out, and Zak bought Harry Potter #3.  That car ride home was the first I would allow myself to read Harry Potter, and from then on I was hooked. 
Lastly, we took a little hike to see a waterfall, and play in the river.











Dodge City, Kansas.  There was one tourist stop we attempted, but it was outside and we were so hot, besides the expense, that we decided it was just glorified shopping, and we decided to move on to our next destination.


Little Rock, Arkansas.  We visited the Clinton Library and what do you know there was a special traveling dinosaur exhibit going on.


A replica of the Oval Office. It was nice to have the grown up things broken up with the dinosaur things so both the kids and Jeremy and I were entertained.















Just before we went into the library we had the girls pose in front of this dinosaur.  Little did we know that it was animatronic.  All at once it started moving and growling and scared all the girls nearly to death!

Ellia was the most interested in the displays, and Quincy pretty much wouldn't have anything to do with them.




A few days after we got home we took the whole family to my gender reveal ultrasound.  We had barely gotten started and I had a terrible view of the screen.  Jeremy immediately said, "there it is" but I thought he just meant the baby in general, until the tech said, "It's a boy." I was so shocked the news came so fast that I said, "Shut up!, SHUT UP!!!"  Later I felt bad and told her I was sorry I had told her to shut up.  When we left the room Ellia looked up at me with a smile and said, "not cool."
Time to meet Ellia's second grade teacher, Mrs. Boykin.
Ellia's first day of school.









 
 



The first week of school, Shelley invited all us Mormon mommies to a play date at Sector 6.  Like usual, the girls had a blast.
Waiting for the bus.








Ashlyn's first day of Kindergarten!  This year she has Mrs. Beckham.


Gotta love big sisters to show us the ropes...including a little teasing.









Here we go on the bus! I admit, this was the first time I got a little emotional. 
 
It wasn't long before she was home though!
 Home from the first day of school....freshly baked cookies per Jeremy's suggestion.
Sisters just hanging out.

Quincy's first dentist appointment.  I think at first she was shocked enough that she cooperated, but it didn't last long.  Up to this point we haven't really been able to brush her teeth but she has done it a little.  Fortunately the dentist understood after he tried and said they looked pretty good except for by her tongue.  Phew!

find quote on what she said...maybe a text to mom??
I had a bit of energy from all the rest I got in Utah, and maybe even a little nesting so I took on my next big project.  Sprucing up the guest bathroom.  Here are the before pictures.



Breakfast of champions? Nope, first day of potty training boot camp! Let's get thirsty!  Day one, two accidents and two successes. Day two, one accident and one success. Day three, zero of either so far. (She sleeps in a diaper still)
Potty training is much easier with help from sisters who want to read potty stories.

Young Single Adult activity.  Ashlyn was very protective of Quincy in the pool, probably a little too protective. Quincy enjoyed it most of the time....especially ring around the rosy.

Outdoor tea party. I think Quincy is missing having Ashlyn home (even though last year she was gone three out of 5 days). 

Fishing for crabs with the Judy's.  When Quincy came home she kept talking about her new friend Issac.





Ashlyn helping Quincy wash her feet.


Potty training is going SO well!  She has been my easiest by far with only a handful of accidents that I actually had to get on the floor to clean up....I was worried about that part being a big pregnant lady.

 

No comments: