Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December 2012 Part 1

Ellia has been out of gymnastics for a few months so it was fun to go back for her friend Liberty's birthday party.
 

 Playing with Shaylie.


 
 
Quincy's Blessing Day, December 2
 
It was such a nice day and so fun to have the Blackstone's celebrate with us...they even dressed alike!






The whole ordeal wore Ashlyn out.
As always Great Grandma Betty crocheted an amazing blessing dress for Quincy, complete with booties.



 
 
 



































Playing with Barbie doll house.

Caught with a Binkie.
Grandma Laura left us some fun Christmas stuff!  Chocolate Advent calendars and Pillow Cases with the girls names.




A cute face!
 

Chevron party at John's Incredible Pizza.

 On December 6th, early afternoon, I was cleaning the mirror in the bathroom and went to check on Quincy napping in the bassinett. She was making a yucky gagging noise and had a big yellow stresk of yucky stuff down her cheek. I picked her up quick and she was barely breathing.  I blew in her face, and turned her over for some back blows but nothing was helping. She was only 5 weeks old and couldn't breath!  I had just gotten my smart phone and barely knew how to use it but I managed to call 911, and they sent an ambulance - it seemed to take forever and I was quickly getting even more panicked. The 911 lady wasn't talking to me much except for telling me the ambulance was close.  I was sitting by the front door with it open, holding Quincy and I wasn't even hearing anything and starting to get so mad!  Then I thought to ask about doing a finger sweep or suction and the lady said to try it.  The bulb syringe got a lot of stuff out and she started breathing a little more easily by the time the firemen came.  They weren't even in a hurry to get in which I thought made TV look dumb!  I wanted them running...then again maybe that would have gotten me more panicked.  They asked me to explain what I'd done while the ambulance was still on its way. They also said Ashlyn couldn't ride in the ambulance, so I started trying to call neighbors but couldn't get anyone, and Jeremy wasn't answering not to mention I was in shock and didn't really know how to use my phone...I was desperately wanting a simple keypad, and hating smart phones about then.  The ambulance came and they put her on the stretcher and did some suction, but she was breathing almost normal despite a few raspy gasps now and then.  They asked me if I wanted them to take her and I just couldn't decide.  Ellia needed to be picked up in about 20 minutes and I couldn't get a hold of anyone from her school either.  I decided to have one of the firemen drive my car with Ashlyn in it and I'd go in the ambulance, because the EMT pointed out that i'd be panicking the rest of the day not knowing if something was wrong...which was absolutely true.  Jeremy called me back while we were on our way and he picked up Ellia and met us right as we were pulling up at the hospital.  Once inside I climbed on the gurney with her and Jeremy took the other girls away.  I just held and cuddled her while we got checked in, talked to doctors and got chest x-rays.  It was actually quite peaceful after all that, and later our peditrician said he was probably a laringal spasm...nothing serious,basically just a cough reflex that hasn't totally developed yet.  Phew! I hadn't realized how scared I had been until I got home and saw the mirror cleaner laying in the bassinett. Yikes, what a day. On a side note we had the same Dr. that stiched up Ashlyn's tounge about a year and a half ago.
Quincy's emergency rooom puppy. I was also SO grateful for the little project linus blanket we got in the ambulance...I literally had nothing to cudlle her in and that made me feel more at home.
 


 
 
The most amazingly decorated house in Bakersfield!  They even program their lights to music. We always have fun driving around looking at lights.

We took a trip to L.A. to go to the temple and of course to stop at American Girl Place.

Jeremy and I took turns doing sessions, since it would be my first and last time in the L.A. temple.  It actually worked out quite nice and we plan to do it more once we move.










Ellia had been such a big help with Quincy.  When she comes home from school she'll hold Quincy for a long time while she relaxes and watches a cartoon. It gives me a chance to cook, clean, etc.

Dentist appointments! They both did so good, and no cavities!



We really only got out the tree this year since we were only home a week or two to celebrate Christmas season between showing our house and traveling to Utah.  Fortunately we took a weekend trip when our house was put on the market and only had to leave for a few showings over two days before it was sold...that was enough for me though with a brand new baby!

 
 

 

 
For the ward Christmas Party, ALL the men were practically threatened if they didn't get up and sing...Jeremy tried to get out of it by holding Quincy, but no such luck.  Then the same happened with the women.
The girls talk big when it comes to Santa, but it was amazing we got Ashlyn this close for long enough to take a picture.  I think the only reason she did was because last Saturday the girls made frames at Home Depot to put a picture of them with Santa in.  Ellia got her picture taken but Ashlyn didn't so she was really trying to be brave for this picture to go in her frame.
 Another chance to cuddle.
 
Brooklyn had her fifth birthday party at a bowling alley with an Alice in Wonderland theme...of course with Amanda in charge you can imagine how cute it turned out.




 Starting some goodbye's. This was Ashlyn's last swim class, and she LOVED her teacher. Plus her teacher LOVED her! They would blow kisses and just generally make each other laugh and smile, it was so fun to watch! I liked knowing someone loved my little girl almost as much as I did, and it made Ashlyn just love learning to swim. She progressed through several levels so fast and when we were done, was only one behind Ellia. Maybe they'll get to be together in the future.
The girls just love playing "babies."
Ashlyn's preschool class at Small Wonders.

Miss Sandra was actually taking another job so this was HER last day, not Ashlyn's.  Miss Sandra was such a loving, caring teacher. Ashlyn came home talking about her many times.
 
Ellia has been in dance for a few months now and they got to perform a little Christmas number on stage.  I was very impressed how brave Ellia was. She even had a solo move, which she performed quickly and hurried back to the line up!



Ashlyn had only been in dance two or three weeks when they performed and she had a harder time of it...but was so cute to watch.  She was horrible that morning getting ready to go and the teacher pretty much had to finish putting bows and shoes on her.  Once I left to take my seat though they said she calmed down. She wasn't quite sure what to do the whole time, and tried to watch the teacher leader, but responded just a but too late and was usually doing the opposite of the other girls.  She loved doing it though and cried when we left dance over the next few weeks because they didn't get to "go to the barn" which was next door with the stage in it.




A few short days later and we were headed off to Utah for Christmas.  We decided to take our time and stay at Tahiti Village, a family resort off the strip. It was such a great place for kids with crafts and Santa, a game room, and a nice hotel room! Jeremy got me a surprise early present with a massage that was just perfect for a new mom!  We also tried to go swimming a few times but it was SO cold! I thought my feet would freeze and stick to the cement before we got anywhere.

 
 
 
THe room had a little kitchen that we couldn't keep the girls out of.  We popped some popcorn too which was really fun for them...they were also very surprised the Candy, our elf on the shelf found us in the hotel.
While in Vegas we visited the M& M factory.  Of course we had to get some candy, but Jeremy left me with both girls and it almost got really messy.  I had to holler for him to come back because they were both turning spigots far away from each other and candy was gushing out!


 

No comments: