Friday, October 7, 2011

August 2011

Ellia is really concerned with what she is wearing these days. It has to be a skirt or dress so she can be the prettiest...well she ran out of skirts so she raided Ashlyn's closet!

Had the chance to take Ashlyn to a baby gym which was such a fun mother daughter date!  We also took her little friend Katelyn and they just couldn't stay out of the ball crawl.





The next best thing there was the storage bin for the larger balls, go figure.

Ashlyn kept trying to lay across these big excerise balls (probably like she has seen me do at stake workout) but it just wasn't working for her...it was pretty funny to watch her slide off each time though.



By the end of the trip they were even better buds.

LOOK WHAT I DID! I am so proud of myself.  I canned tomatoes!  The local church farm here was giving away boxes so I decided to try it.  Yes I had a box and this was all that came from it.  I was pretty intimidated so I waited almost too long and a lot of the tomatoes went bad.

My girls painting away.

Cars for the Pinewood Derby.  This year it was a ward acitivity so we made one as a family and I made the primary car...we went to the Biglers for a family night and cut the wood out, then painted them at home.




My primary car did better than expected, but there was some tough competition.  Two of the Bigler's cars were in the top 3, they went home with 1st and 2nd prizes.


I guess this meant that Ellia was done with the feather in her hair (and a huge chunk of her hair too)

She said the other hair she cut was in her face - basicially she also cut bangs. This time she didn't really even try to hide the hair, not like last time when she tried to vacuum it up with her toy vacuum.

Another one of her recent fashion statements.


Hmmm... falling asleep on the phone, a glimpse of what's to come?

We took the oppurtunity to camp at Big Meadow, the land the church leases, and invited some close family friends to enjoy the weekend with us.





















 Ahhh, finally someone else arrives to play with.




Good tought Ellia.

Yeah, Ashlyn will make a big difference.






In the morning Nathan set up a zip line that had the kids busy for hours.  Ellia's first ride scared her, but Ashlyn LOVED it....Ellia warmed up after that.








All the parents getting photos.


Blake, Giada, Sadie, Brayden, Daniella, Nicole, Brooklyn, Ashlyn, Maya, Ellia, Maggie, Vincent (Talia is missing)  What a trooper the Tramel's were.  Just after they got all settled in bed (it was one of their first camping family camping trips with all new gear) Vincent started puking.  We thought for sure they'd just pack up and head home but they made it through the night and even enjoyed the next morning as much as they could.

There's Talia at the far right end.

When we were pretty much the last ones left with the Bigler's we played them in a game of horse shoes.  I think I got one to touch if I remember right, but otherwise I was pretty inconsistent. Jer had a few ringers though!

No comments: