Sunday, December 13, 2015

December 2015 P1


Here we go for a marathon of a month...with a great reward at the end!  Last month of being pregnant!  On the first Sunday of the month our Gospel Doctrine teacher said, "whoa, December already." There wasn't any noise, so I voiced my opinion, "wahoo!"  That got a few laughs and a reference later in Relief Society too. 

Saints spirit day at school.
A birthday party for Anderson.

There are quite a few Breakfast with Santa events and other fun things on weekends during December. This year we chose one at Lakeview hospital.  It was different than I expected. In the past we have gone to pancake breakfasts, this one was doughnuts and chocolate milk, but also had crafts and a train ride.  Then afterward Jeremy suggested we take the girls to see the maternity ward where I would have the baby.  It was nice for him to see it and the girls too, but I felt a little silly since I had already been on a tour, and both times they had made special arrangements for me since their regular tours are on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Not to mention it was the same nurse who gave me both tours.

Not super excited to see Santa.
Ashlyn and I attended a birthday party of one of her classmates at Bricks for Kidz.  She used the little figure to make the mosaic. I was super impressed at her likeness and creativity.
Afterward we rushed to meet Jeremy, Ellia and Quincy at the Merry Madisonville celebration. Santa comes to the town hall riding in on a yacht.  Then there are pictures and crafts.
Decorating cookies.
Playdate with Addison. I loved watching them help each other with their dressups.

Since Quincy's nursery will have to change at some point I decided I better get some pictures. It is my favorite room and I hate to see it go, hopefully I can make it my favorite after I switch it to boy colors too.





Ellia made an ornament similar to this one at activity days and Ashlyn accidently broke it.  She felt really bad so she drew Ellia a picture of it. Later I got the remaining supplies from her activity days teacher and she was almost finished making it when she dropped and broke it.  On our third attempt with white globes, we were successful.


What a sweet girl.



On the way home from Ashlyn and Quincy's annual Dr. visits I spotted this box turtle and stopped the car so we could adopt it for a few days. The girls had so much fun with it.
Christmas sugar cookies!!! I tried to make them early this year so we could take them around to neighbors before things get too crazy.

Jeremy found the elf yourself stuff on his phone and the girls went crazy with it. One night they even did a dance for us. (I thought back to when I first saw this and it had to be when I was in high school...I couldn't believe how long it has been around.)








Another craft Ellia made at activity days. A mouse in a bed of rice Krispy treats.
Quincy's dance performance!  We took the opportunity to break out our new black Friday camera, but hadn't learned to use it yet so we got some blurry pictures.  It was so fun to watch her, she hasn't been a star student by any means, but man when she got on stage she was shining like crazy!  I think she really liked it. Even her teacher commented on how she came out of her shell on stage, "she loves the stage, " she told us.  unfortunately we hadn't been around the practice the finale so she seemed a bit lost, but it made it all the more cute.

After Quincy's dress rehearsal we rushed to Woodlake Elementary. Ellia got to be part of a Christmas violin performance since she has been in lessons this year. 

We decided that for pixie's this year we would hand make gifts.  Ellia got Quincy and we decided to make her a fleece blanket.  She got to come shopping with us to pick out fabric, but she basically said every single one was her favorite.
Quincy got to do an encore dance performance at the Koop Drive park, Holiday of Lights event. This was the third time I got to get her all dressed up and now she insists on looking at herself in the little mirror while I do it.
Opening pre-Christmas gifts from Grandma Carol.



A little last minute practice posing and blowing kisses.




Finale.



I got to rub shoulders with this little star after the show.




Holiday of lights show.  We almost didn't go because it was the same night as the Chevron party, but at the last minute Jeremy realized we could make the timing work.  We were really hoping to do it since the night before she had so much fun.  The performance wasn't mandatory so there weren't many kids there.  It was lucky Quincy showed up because there were only two kids from her class!  She was so much fun to watch again, especially in the finale.  She kept getting pushed around and even got hit in the face once but it only stopped her for a second and then she must have felt the adage, "the show must go on!"











One of the cute displays at the event.






Oh the joys of bunkbeds.  Do you think one day it will be a real phone dangling from her bedside...most likely.

It was a bit drizzly for the outdoor live nativity this year, but we still made it happen.
Ashlyn's Christmas performance and class party. It was a good thing Teresa was there early and offered to save us seats!

Show off night at gymnastics.

Ellia also got to perform some violin songs at morning meeting.
Later that day she had her classroom Christmas party.

Using the Elsa snow castle gingerbread house kit from Grandma Carol.














Some of Ashlyn's drawing and cards.

Dressing warm to ride her bike.





Thanks for the matching shirts Grandma Carol.
I have been trying to wrap things early to avoid last minute chaos with baby.  I wasn't using any of these boxes and had them stacked together to be thrown away. The next thing I knew I couldn't find there weren't where I left them.  I found them with "gifts" inside on our bed, where I have been doing all the wrapping.  Sweet little Quincy packed Jer's shoes, dirty socks, some underwear and the scissors in the boxes to be wrapped.
Ashlyn putting chapstick on Quincy.

Ward Christmas party.

Love when they are getting along.



Quincy's school Christmas party. They sang a few songs and she was really into the actions...not like either Ellia or Ashlyn at her age...or at their current ages for that matter. She is also a head above most of her classmates.




She chose her own hair accessories.







Ellia is learning a lot about using paint on the computer, and getting pretty good at it too. She made this Christmas list without any help.
Enjoying some time outside on a warm December day. The sun felt so nice we ended up having a picnic.




The octopus trees. Jeremy always teases that they are going to reach out and get the girls. He'll drive close to them and hit the side of the car when we go by...its especially effective if we are also playing freeze out with all the windows down.
Quincy helping to make her gift for Ellia, a stuffed animal dog house.








No comments: