Friday, August 8, 2014

May 2014

Quincy does NOT like the Chuck E. Cheese car.
 
 
 

Our friends the Tapia's are moving back to California so we wanted one last play date for our girls.  We'll miss you Marysol and Marissa.

Ashlyn during her show off day for Tiny Tumblers Gymnastics.









For a short time I have been wanting to try out this painting place. It's called Painting with a Twist, and the twist is alcohol.  I didn't think much of it since I'd be going with a bunch of my Mormon friends, but then I went to do a spotlight for LuLaRoe and saw what it was all about.  I knew I would be a panicked perfectionist and started understanding why the twist helped to make the evening enjoyable!  Once the night came around I did have some anxiety but really ended up enjoying it.  I even dared to do Karaoke to get a free pass to return!  (no one was watching the singers anyone so it worked out great!)







 
Doesn't she look smart?!

Breakfast in bed for Mother's Day!

The Chevron party was at the zoo this year and the first thing I did when we got there was get in line for face painting. I remember being a kid and wanting those amazing face painting but either never having someone to wait with me, or not being able to spend the money. Since it was free and the girls expressed interest I wasn't going to let them down.  There weren't many people in front of us but it still took a LONG time.  Jeremy wasn't super stoked about it but I promised it wouldn't become a habit at these functions.  The girls ended up looking SO cute!





Once we were inside the zoo our first stop was the Gorilla's. We were driven there because it was feeding time so there was a big crowd but we got to hear some interesting facts.







Ashlyn and Ellia were excited to have Quincy interested so they kept saying, "Quincy come look at this!"

Yeah, that's safe.

Mother's day flowers. I guess when they were shopping for ice cream and cake stuff an announcement came on for mother's day flowers and Ashlyn said, "We better get mom some of those."
A little (or a lot) of rain won't stop a good Mother's Day crawfish boil.
How many men does it take to set up an EZ up.

The girls got drenched playing in the rain, but had a lot of fun too.
The girls are getting braver all the time!










I got ambitious one morning before church.



Quincy even got her first up-do.
I got this awesome wagon I have been wanting for Mother's Day.  The girls loved playing with it, and Ashlyn even wanted to nap in it with her huge stuffed crawfish.
Jeremy had a work trip and had to leave the night of Mother's Day, but I was determined to be a fun mom while he was gone so I got brave and took all three girls swimming.  It was actually easier than I expected and I look forward to doing it more this summer.

Ellia's show off day at Northshore Gymnastics.









Ashlyn's End of Year Preschool program.  I missed the memo about not wearing their uniform shirts so while I was out running a few errands before the program I grabbed her another shirt at Kohls. I think I made a record 5 stops in like an hour and half and still made it back to her program in time...shirt, treat and all.



I finally got to go back to another Home Depot Do-It-Herself workshop and I am so glad I did!  I knew they were making these container gardens and that Amanada was doing to meet me there, but I didn't know wed'd be the only ones and they end up letting us both make one to take home!  Sweet! Free Garden!

Taking care of Percy Elmer, Ashlyn was being such a good mommy.
Bougue Chitto camping trip. It started out a little rough since we tried to get a chicken strip dinner for a picnic up there and ended up with regular chicken pieces that no one really likes. We survived that though and found lot's of other entertaining things to do. An evening walk, and playing in the river the next morning.  We even caught some tiny frogs/toads to take home.  Quincy wasn't feeling great through the night and into the next morning, but the weather was good and she was able to rest so we weren't too worried. Then about a day later she broke out in a horrible red rash everywhere.  It looked worse when she was hot but the Doc said it was probably just a virus and nothing could be done. I felt horrible taking her places but she was acting fine and in a few days it was gone.  Ellia also had a bit of a temperature a few days later after school with the same result, only not as bad of a rash...this time Ashlyn avoided any of it.



Where Jeremy was staying while we were home alone.





Red Beans and Rice pic to send to daddy while he was away.
Sunday "hike." I had been reading a book a book series called Forest of Hands and Teeth. The main characters were navigating fenced in trails through forests, trying to avoid the undead...when I saw these trails that's what I thought about!

Beautiful scenery
and crazy black winged grasshopper butterfly things.

Quincy acting like a big girl, laying in Ashlyn's bed ready to read stories.
Here they are!  The Play Unplugged booklets I made up and had printed for the summer program!
A little Quincy and Mommy time at the park.
Ellia's last day of Kindergarten.
Kindergarten program.  It was really cute, they sang songs and did rhymes. 


Pointing out the bunny from our bedroom window.
Doing our first Play Unplugged activity for our biking brag tag.



It was another beautiful day.

Holly's first birthday party.
Day at the beach.


Oh no! Dad's getting a mud bath!



The water stayed shallow forever, you could walk so far out and still only be up to your ankles.



One of the yard bunnies.

Next brag tag?  Canoeing the Bayou.






Since we had a smaller participation number (about twenty businesses) the tags got sent to me. It was fun to see them all come in.
The businesses also had a sign to put in their doorways, I loved seeing those around town too.
First tag we earned and picked up!
Bubbles at the children's museum.  Quincy is at the age where she wants to run around to everything but I still don't totally trust her so the museum is much more work now but she is so fun to watch as she experiences everything.


Watching Ashlyn's puppet show.


Picking up their Financial Health tag for making their own piggy banks.
Earning their Clean Teeth Brag Tags.

Making musical instruments for their Music tag.
Dinner out with some music.  We got a free dessert too since we earned out Family BBQ Brag Tag.
Thought this was a pretty cool tree out in the parking lot.
We told Ellia to get dressed cute and this is what she put together...great job!


Karate Brag Tag.



The remnants of a house that probably got destroyed in a hurricane. This is near Biloxi.

 I guess this is where Ashlyn's shoes go now.
Goodbye dinner for Kendyl

No comments: