Wednesday, July 10, 2013

May 2013

One day in church a mom came up to me and handed me two tiny pictures saying, "My Thomas thinks your Ellia is just so cute. He drew these pictures for her." About a month later Ellia was at Thomas's Titanic birthday party.  She was three legged partners with Thomas's older sister, but wouldn't hold her hand. 4th
 

 I was happy to see her participating in this game.


 Sadly, Thomas's family moved about two weeks later.
 
 
Later that day we attended our first crawfish boil.  There was so much food and it smelled so good! 4th

 The veggies were so good, and I was definitely going to try the crawfish, but that doesn't mean it was easy for me.
It took me a long time to be brave enough to even pick one up.  Then I had to just close my mind while I was breaking it apart to get to the meat.
It was really good though and by the end I was full and had gotten a little better at cracking them open...the girls tried some vegetables but we couldn't convince them to try the crawfish.

 I love their faces here.
 The girls have been playing a lot of dress up (they really missed them in the apartment) but Ashlyn didn't quite get this one on right.

 

 
Now that Quincy can turn over, she finds herself in less than comfortable positions. 
 
First trip to the zoo!  We picked a pretty great day weather wise, and had tons of fun with friends. 7th






 Ashlyn was terrified of the animatronics of the dinosaurs, I almost didn't get a picture.

We left long after our friends, because Ashlyn really wanted to see the alligators and it was clear at the back of the zoo close to where we'd already been. It was worth it though because there was a lot of stuff we would have missed otherwise.
 Our boxes waiting for pick up....SO MANY! 8th

 I got out my little school board and the next morning the girls had the dolls going to school.  One in the walker and the other balanced on top of the board.
 Just smiling away in the Bumbo.
 I volunteered to make a cake for a gold themed baby shower.  My first two tier. 7th

 Reading mail to Quincy. 9th

 Splash pad (or spray park if you live in California). 9th


 I guess Ellia was pretty tired from the park - the hard table didn't deter her rest.
 Quincy ALMOST holding a bottle. 10th
 One of our Sunday walks on the Trace.  Ashlyn loves sticks and rocks and she dragged this one for a LONG way...finally one of the girls hooked it to the stroller and then I had to drag it all the way home. 10th

Everyone ready for breakfast?

 
 Ellia's preschool graduation from First Baptist. It was so fun to see her participating since it is sortof a first for her....maybe that means we'll see more of it in the Primary program this year. 13th


 Hands inside the gown, nice Ellia.
 Diploma from her teacher, Mrs. Gayla.
 Having a hard time focusing.







 Ashlyn performing at gymnastics. 14th
 It was the last day so they did a little show off on all the apparatus. Then they gave them a ribbon and let them choose what they were champion of.  All of them chose Trampoline.
 Painting the kitchen!  Finally picked out our color (from the Titanic birthday party house!) and got started. We are loving it so far.
Sharing a bedroom.
Finally got a lawnmower.

 Big Bathtub!!

 
 Early morning yard work with dad. 17th

 The girls and I have a new tradition of breakfast for dinner while dad goes away on business.  This time instead of the waffle house we tried IHOP.  I got a Bananas Foster French Toast that was delish!
 
ADD USS ALABAMA PICS
 A very hot, but very fun company party. 18th
 This was right after they backed into a fountain and got soaked.



We caved and got them a trampoline!  We bought it from some friends who were moving so it helped both of us out. 20th


 
 "I didn't eat any cookies mom."
 I had to snap a picture of her chosen shoes. Rainboots, every chance she gets, including IN the pool.
 Another trip to the Splash pad.  This time it was warm enough for Quincy to play in (oh, and the fact that she can sit up now)  23rd

 We also spent some time on the park's little beach.  It was the perfect weather and day to be there. I sat in the shallow with Quincy for a long time it felt so nice!  A little too long actually as I got the worst sunburn I've had probably since I've been married. 
 We invited friends Tiffany, and her daughters Aniya and Niomi and they played so well together!  Sadly they too are moving in August.






I had to recruit Ellia to take pictures of me holding up this shelf so I would know if that's where I wanted to hand it!

 
It didn't take the girls long to find my new snack cabinet.

Some before and after transformations. Ceiling fan was only $7 for spray paint!




 A nice day at the neighborhood pool. 27th













 Before

 After coming.....

 
 
 Quincy got this dolly herself, it was so cute finding her with it like this, since its almost as big as her.
Touring the LSU campus while I went to the temple...look how close they got to the tiger...YIKES!




 
 
 
Before
 after...same paint as the fan.
Before
 
 






 
 
After, including storage!!!

I tried to take this lamp to Goodwill, and Ellia started crying. I had to pull back around and ask for it back...in that amount of time they had placed it on the floor and were asking $39.00 for it!
 
 

No comments: