Monday, March 2, 2009

More signs of Spring...swimming even?

Just behind our house there are huge almond orchards, and right now they are in full bloom...it is breathtaking to drive by them, unroll the windows and smell their sweet scent. These pictures don't do justice.















In other updates, we are continuing the pressure washing/refinishing of our outdoor structures. Here is the pressure washing process...getting rid of the gray gunk.Here is the mostly finished product, the fence has been sprayed, and the arbor has been stained
However, these things come at a cost.





Yes, I fell in the pool (I knew it was only a matter of time before it happenned). If you notice, there is not much working space, and Jeremy got me talking -one wrong step and i was in. I had time whilst I was losing my balance to hand Jeremy my brush, say goodbye and see the big grin on his face. Oddly, he didn't have time to grab my arm and keep me from falling in. Fortunately the pool wasn't as cold as I expected!


A shot of our gross, old looking fence.

Same fence with just a little pressure washing!

6 comments:

Brimaca said...

Your fence looks great! Our looks like yours did above but so do all our neighbors fences so we fit right in. It's ben 90 or above here and we actually did go swimming the other day!

Janell said...

It is all looking great! I look pretty good to when you beat off the gray stuff! Good job guys! Love that you felt so inclined for a swim! Hope Ellia is feeling better too.

Crystal said...

Looks like things are going well in the central valley for you. I love the spring there. Jake's parent's orchard blooms a little later and I wish we would have been able to have our reception there during the spring for our wedding because it is so gorgeous.

Klin said...

You're all wet!

That pressure washing works miracles.

psst- Your front window has a crack in it. I hate those.

Chelsea said...

Those orchards look like a scene from a movie. And, I think it is hilarious that you fell in the pull. I'm sure I could just as easily done the same thing.

*~Sarah~* said...

Soo... are you still a blogger or what??? I miss your updates