Sunday, April 20, 2008

Visit from Carol and Kerry!




Well last weekend ends our recent string of visitors. In fact, we may not have anyone until fall with the hot summer we're in for! My parents came to see our house and visit for a few days. Among our adventures were:

1) being able to shop with someone who has a feminine opinion and shopping Ellia free!


2) picking out barstools!


3) relaxing by the pool on a comfortably warm day


4) buying candy out of the bins at Winco! (I was like a kid in a candy store)


5) getting Jeremy's thesis in the mail!


6) driving to Lake Isabella, stopping in Kernville for lunch and some window shopping


7) taking a hike along the Kern River and playing on one of the beaches in Sequoia National park


8) dinner and dancing to live entertainment by Monte Byrum at Buck Owens Crystal Palace!




Dancing to the music

Jeremy's Thesis


My dream barstools!


Buck Owens Crystal Palace

You can sortof see the stage to the right, and in front of that is the dance floor*, Jeremy and I took our first real dance here (crazy!) My mom and dad also got to dance a slow one!
*Loni and Krista I just kept thinking of you two!




Kernville



Kern River in Sequoia National Park










5 comments:

*~Sarah~* said...

Looks like youve been having lots of fun also! Next last minute trip just might be to your house! Im serious... you need to call me or ill call you we can make plans!

Amber Culp Family said...

How fun to have your mom and dad visit. I bet they loved to see the darling Ellia. Love the pix of her in the pool.

Edwards Clan said...

Ellia is the cutest ever! I love her little smile. Sounds like you had a fun time! I want to visit and swim in your pool too!

Heather said...

I know Vegas is close to you guys but we didn't want to spend our whole weekend in the car :) we will definintly be coming though. I can't believe how long you guys have been gone! We need to play soon.

ldsppd said...

So fun to see everyone. Ellia is a cutie - she is still a chunker. Maybe she will be able to hold her own against the cousins (especially Cole and Jack).

Why oh why does Dad insist on wearing that green shirt??